The Okanagan Polymer Engineering Research & Applications Lab
The OPERA Lab tackles challenges in sustainability, energy, and engineering through materials innovation. Key material technologies include:
- Ice repellent surfaces
- Anti-biofouling coatings
- Superhydrophobic, superomnophobic and omniphobic surfaces
- Drag-reducing coatings
- Fiber composites
- Coatings for additive manufacturing
- Bio-based and environmentally friendly textile modification
Our recent study on Low Interfacial Toughness (LIT) materials is published in Science!
- Kamran becomes a PhD candidate!
- Holiday Curling Contest
- Dr. Pillai joins OPERA as the Cluster Coordinator
- Eminence Fund Awarded
- Dr. Im joins the OPERA Lab
- Behrooz and Kiana attended CSChE
- MURPH funds our anti-mosquito paint project!
- COMFORTS Media Coverage
- The OPERA Lab receives $1.5M to improve the comfort of soldiers
- New PhD students!