The Okanagan Polymer Engineering Research & Applications Lab
The OPERA Lab tackles challenges in sustainability, energy, and engineering through materials innovation. Key material technologies include:
- Ice repellent surfaces
- Anti-biofouling coatings
- Superhydrophobic, superomniphobic and omniphobic surfaces
- Drag-reducing coatings
- Fiber composites
- Coatings for additive manufacturing
- Bio-based and environmentally friendly textile modification
- Adhesion and interfacial mechanics
- Sensors and smart materials
Our recent study on Low Interfacial Toughness (LIT) materials is published in Science!
Behrooz’s work on rendering any surface omniphobic is published and selected for a journal Cover Photo in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces!